Don't forget to join us for our 20th Birthday Party celebration tomorrow night!
The party will be held in front of the Sandbar. Eighth Street between
New Hampshire and Massachusetts will be closed to traffic beginning at
Here's a schedule of events for the night:
- 7 p.m. Stomper, a band featuring some of our neighbors from Richards Music Company, will start the show off with some tunes to warm up the crowd.
- 8:30ish The Bar Band will perform some crowd favorites, led by our bartender Tyler.
- 9 p.m. Mark Valentine and the Number Ones will take the stage and start playing Sandbar favorites.
- 10 p.m. Old-school Sandbar bartenders Ryan and Garreth will entertain the crowd with a few stories from the early years of the Sandbar.
- 10:30 p.m. The Sandbar Showgirls will perform some favorite Sandbar float dances! Dance along with us in the street. And, a special surprise at the end of this set- something that usually only happens late in the night, behind the bar, when the bartenders get a little silly.
- 11 p.m. The band will resume playing more fun tunes until late in the night.
A few highlights:
- This party is FREE and open to the public!
- It's a family-friendly event, so feel free to bring your kids to dance in the street.
- There will be bottled water, soda, and food available for purchase in the street.
- No alcohol will be allowed in the street. All alcohol must remain inside the bar or the extended beer garden.
- There is a $5 cover charge to enter the bar/beer garden, and you must be 21 to enter these areas. You'll be given a wristband the first time you enter.
We will have brand new Sandbar t-shirts for sale, but unfortunately our
medium's didn't show up! We'll only have small, large, and extra large
in stock. We will try to get additional sizes soon.
Please be kind to our staff, and we hope to see you tomorrow night!
Your party was way too unorganized, We paid $10
to get in and stood forever to get in. And we never did get in maybe think ahead next time and plan ahead and have a better party.
We’re sorry that you didn’t have a good time.
The cover charge was to enter the beer garden and/or bar area. No one was asked to pay a cover until they were actually allowed inside that area. We were not collecting cover charges from people waiting in line and then not allowing them inside. It’s possible that someone could have been allowed into the beer garden, and then not been able to enter the actual bar area due to capacity limitations.
We had limitations on the size of our beer garden based on our permit with the City of Lawrence, and we are required to follow fire code laws, so unfortunately there were long lines at times to get into both the beer garden and the bar, and we apologize for that. Unfortunately, it’s not something we can control and we did the best that we could.
We, along with many other people who were there, feel like we did a good job of pulling off this party, especially since it was our first time planning an event like this. This party was definitely not unorganized. Yes, we learned from mistakes and can always improve in the future. But there is no way to predict how many people will show up to an event like this, and our staff did the best that they could under the circumstances.
I thought it ran smoothly….especially with 700 plus in attendance.
Isnation..you should have grabbed a beer in the beer garden(they were selling Corona outside..45 cases to be exact!) and watched the band..the band was pretty good! NICE JOB SANDBAR!!! IT WAS ACTUALLY A WELL ORGANIZED PARTY!!!!!