Today's the day! Shark Fest 2011, our third annual birthday block party (to celebrate 22 years in downtown Lawrence) is today!
8th Street between Massachusetts and New Hampshire is now closed. It will reopen around midnight tonight.
- 5 p.m. Blue Orleans
- 8 p.m. Magentlemen
- 9 p.m. Sandbar Dancers
- Followed by Mark Valentine & the Hammerheads
- The event itself is free and family friendly
- $5 cover charge to enter the beer garden and/or bar; must be 21 or over and be prepared to show two forms of ID
- $4 Landshark, Bud Light and Shock Top beer
- $4 Shark Attacks
- Limited mixed drinks will be available outside (Jack, Bacardi, Tito's and Tanqueray, along with Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite and tonic)
- The usual drinks will be available inside the bar
- Alcohol must remain in the beer garden or the bar
- Sandbar Subs
- Assorted other vendors, including Air Summer Snow shaved ice, possibly gelato from Teller's and maybe some others
- Brand-new Sandbar Shark Fest 2011 shirts in royal blue are available for $12 each
- Available at the Sandbar Subs station
Other Fun Stuff:
- A 40-foot-long inflatable shark slide wlll be open from 5-10 p.m.
- Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thesandbar
- Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/thesandbar and use hashtag #sandbar22
- Upload or tweet your pictures to us!
I think that's it for now…be sure to follow on Facebook or Twitter for pictures and more updates throughout the day and night.
Fins up, landsharks!