Hey fellow hospitality industry folks! Here's a great opportunity for you to raise money for children in our community while having fun with your friends and co-workers.
Bowl for Kids Sake is an annual fundraiser for Big Brothers Big Sisters. This year, they've added a special event for the hospitality industry- "Bloodies and Bowling." It's a special day of bowling that will feature a bloody mary bar, breakfast burritos and lots of fun.
- Date: Sunday, May 1
- Time: 1-4 p.m.
- Where: Royal Crest Lanes
Carrie, one of our former bartenders, and I have been asked to recruit team captains from bars, restaurants and liquor stores around town. Are you interested? Here's all you have to do:
- Let us know who your team captain is.
- Sign up your team online here.
- Recruit five other team members, for a team total of six people.
- Each team member commits to raising at least $125, for a team total of $750.
- The website provides easy ways to email friends and family to solicit donations.
- Have fun!
If you're interested in putting a team together, please let us know. You can send an email to email@example.com and we'll answer all your questions.
You can even get your bar, restaurant or other business involved in raising funds! Challenge another business to a competition to see who can raise the most money. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Donate all or a portion of a cover charge to your team goal.
- Put out special Bowl For KidsÃ¢â‚¬Ëœ Sake tip jars.
- Create a drink that goes with your team name/theme and donate a portion of the profit to the team goal. Encourage patrons to order that drink because Ã¢â‚¬Å“itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s for the kids.Ã¢â‚¬Â
- Sell tickets for patrons to win a t-shirt or other item.
- If you have a pool table or foosball table, hold a tournament where all proceeds go to your team goal.
- Ask your patrons for their Ã¢â‚¬Å“pennies and pocket lint.Ã¢â‚¬Â Any change or lint in their pocket goes straight to the kids.
We're looking forward to this great event and hope you'll join us!