Excited for the block party tomorrow? We are! Here's a list of random party tips for you.
1. Bring cash. The beer garden is cash only and we're not running tabs out there. You can run tabs or use credit cards inside, but it'll be harder to get a drink inside.
2. There will be food. Sandbar Subs will have sandwiches and BBQ brisket for sale. Other downtown businesses might have stuff available too.
3. Dress comfortably. You'll be standing, walking or dancing all night. Don't wear heels, your feet will hate you. And it might be hot.
4. Drink specials. $4 cans of Bud, Bud Light, Corona and Red Stripe.
5. Tropical Drinks. This year we'll have Bahama Mamas and Shark Attacks in the beer garden for $5 (same price inside). They'll be in a special hibiscus print plastic cup that you get to keep, along with beads. Those are your toys, we aren't doing any other toys (including sharks) to keep things moving. We'll squirt the shark blood.
6. Recycling. We'll have a couple of bins outside for cans only. Please don't put trash in them. And please put your cans in the right bin. We're not sorting through trash but we'd like to donate as many cans as possible.
7. Music. Three bands, music starts shortly after 5. The Sandbar's dancers will perform at 8.
8. Cover Charge. It's $5 to get into the beer garden and you must be 21. You'll get a wristband that allows you to come & go without paying another cover charge.
9. Pictures. We love pictures! And video! Shoot your own and send it to us. Here's a list of what you can do, and you might even win a prize. Special thanks to Jeff, who has agreed to be our Sandbar photographer.
10. Family-friendly. Even though we're a bar, this is a family-friendly event. And it's free, unless you want to go in the beer garden. So bring your kids and grandparents and come out for some family fun.
11. Support our neighbors. We have the best neighbors in downtown Lawrence. Every single one of them is supportive of this event, so please show them some love. Support them like you support us. And if you can't get to our bar fast enough, head over to one of our neighbors to enjoy food or drink.
I think those are the high points. Check back later today for our 21st birthday shot book, courtesy of Katie. We look forward to seeing you tomorrow night!